Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gift of Nothingness..the Brevity of life

Gift of Nothingness…..
I know, so it sounds a little weird...NOTHINGNESS? Is that even a word- yes it is a word- and how is having NOTHING a gift?

So, I am beginning to realize how much it is a gift from God when He takes everything (not literally EVERYTHING...but you know what I mean) away to only allow us to become so incredibly thankful for all the little things again, for the sweetness of LIFE. When people say, you never are truly thankful for something until it is taken away...I think that is very true...though...why do we have to have everything taken away to see the good and to be thankful? The brevity of life is so precious.

When I feel as though I have nothing to give, nothing to say, nothing to take the pain away, and seems like everything good in my life has been taken away so many times, it makes me appreciate the little-irreplaceable-valuable life that we live. For the last 6 months, I have felt like things have constantly been taken away, taken away, and then when something good comes along, it is again taken away. I have realized how incredibly thankful I am for every friend that I have in my life, for every moment of talking over dinner, for friends who just listen and that are always there, for friends that will support you while trying to make “right” decisions, for friends that will believe in you when you don’t believe in yourself, and for friends to just stinkin' have a blast with! I am thankful for my amazing parents. Words cannot express, seriously…what they mean to me. They have been everything to me and been more to me than I could ever ask for. I could go on and on for every little thing that I am thankful for….so when you feel as though you have nothing, think again…it may be the very gift to you….the Gift of Nothingness. We may really have everything when we have nothing...

noth·ing·ness
1. the absence of life, existence, and all discernible qualities
2. space with nothing in it
3. complete worthlessness or insignificance
4. somebody or something without any worth or significance
5. the condition of lacking any apparent meaning

No comments: